The Fourth week of Advent we light the candle of Love. For as John 3:16 so lovingly proclaims, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
I love what 1 John 4:7 says about love, “let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.” Friend, our world more than ever needs love. Let us light this Love candle for our world today, spreading the love of God to everyone. Because, “ Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” 1 John 4:11.
For this Fourth Week of Advent I have eight Bible verses of Love for your hearts.
- Corinthians 13:13: “”And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
- Ephesians 4:2-3: “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”
- Colossians 3:14: “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
- 1 John 4:19: “We love because He first loved us.”
- John 15:9-10: “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.”
- John 15:12-13: “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
- Psalm 86:15: “But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.”
- Romans 5:8: “God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
And during the busyness of this Christmas season friend, let’s remember 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 with our families, friends, co-workers, and retailers:
Lord, Thank you for loving us and sending your only Son to save us from our sins. May we be stewards of your love this seasons and always. In Christs name, Amen.
I hope you have enjoyed this little Advent series. We will light the Christ Candle tomorrow on Christmas Eve. I can’t wait, I hope you will come back to celebrate the birth our Lord and Savior, Jesus.