I don’t know if when Edward Pola and George Wyle were writing the song, “It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” or when Andy Williams was singing it if they realized the lyrics could have been, “It’s the Most Wonderful, Stressful Time of the Year”. I get the “Parties for hosting” and the “caroling out in the snow”, but what’s up with the “marshmallows roasting” and “scary ghost stories”? Oh, I guess they are referring to “A Christmas Carol”, Scrooge and his three ghostly visitors? Perhaps.
Seriously, Christmas can be very stressful for many, but it doesn’t have to be when we stay focused on the real story of the season, the story of Jesus. A story of Peace.
We light the second candle of Advent for Peace. As Isaiah 9:6b tells us, “And he will be called, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
I don’t know about you, but when I slow down to think about Mary and Joseph and precious Jesus in a barn on that Holy night, that silent night. I feel an overwhelming wave of peace wash over me.
Take some time this week, friend, get silent with God. Feel His peace. Here are five verses of peace to ease your mind.
- Isaiah 26:3: You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.”
- Luke 2:14: “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
- Numbers 6: 24-26: “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”
- John 16:33: “I have told you these things so that you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- Psalm 4:8: “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.
Dear Lord, I pray today for peace for our world and for each person reading this blog today. I ask that you, Father, show us your peace during this precious time of year that is not about running around like crazy people, but a time that is truly wonderful and peaceful. Help us to remember the peace we have through your son, Jesus. Amen.
I will be giving away another gift card this week. Don’t forget to comment with your favorite Bible verse about Peace, or what you do to find peace in your life during the hustle and bustle of Christmas. Sharing is Caring, if you enjoy reading Living Joy Today please share it with your friends.